Munster Friday 29th

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Munster Friday 29th

Postby The Chiel on Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:02 pm

Four points gained, but not nearly as comfortable as it should have been. Mitrea really is awful, and if I was a bit more cynical I'd wonder how many calls the Irish TJ made for each side.
In fairness Munster seconds had some real fire in their bellies.
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby Sonicboom on Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:06 pm

It was certainly the near side touch judge that was worrying me more than Mitrea. I thought he made several very one sided decisions which were very influential in the game
Sonicboom
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:07 pm

Martin Bell wrote:Some views and a weak gag: http://www.edinburghgunners.org.uk/matchday/reports

Really good writing as always, Martin.

We were on a hiding to nothing tonight, if we'd lost it would be terrible and now we've won it is probably a non-event, despite no one beating Munster at home for so long, well I think it's good, four point in the bag.

Mon Embra
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:21 pm

Suspected we would bottle it and lose to a fired up Munster side, so pleased with the win. Never a bad result over there, not one we have been close to for a long time. Ok, Munster rested a lot of players, so am not getting carried away, but we achieved what we needed to, and our league season is shaping up nicely at this stage.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:39 am

Not white sure what to think in the cold light of day.
Certainly when Munster were 16-10 ahead and driving relentlessly forward about 4/5 yards under our posts around the 55/60 min mark most of us would have been delighted if we'd come away with a losing BP.So to win and arguably be disappointed not to score near the end from one of the lineouts on their 5m to deprive them of a losing BP is obviously pretty good.
BUT ,Cockerill wasn't fooled and at the moment we're not as good as we think we are or (like Scotland) not nearly as good as the teamsheet looks to us.
The selection for the two Wasps matches will be fascinating.To me the Glasgow derbies are absolutely vital so there has to be a fair bit of rotation-and please use the full bench this time!-so I suspect we'll field near the strongest team on Friday in the hope that with a win Wasps will likely lose interest in their home leg ang and we can rest quite a few of last night's team but still have a chance to win in Coventry.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:30 pm

liveinhope wrote:Not white sure what to think in the cold light of day.
Certainly when Munster were 16-10 ahead and driving relentlessly forward about 4/5 yards under our posts around the 55/60 min mark most of us would have been delighted if we'd come away with a losing BP.So to win and arguably be disappointed not to score near the end from one of the lineouts on their 5m to deprive them of a losing BP is obviously pretty good.
BUT ,Cockerill wasn't fooled and at the moment we're not as good as we think we are or (like Scotland) not nearly as good as the teamsheet looks to us.
The selection for the two Wasps matches will be fascinating.To me the Glasgow derbies are absolutely vital so there has to be a fair bit of rotation-and please use the full bench this time!-so I suspect we'll field near the strongest team on Friday in the hope that with a win Wasps will likely lose interest in their home leg ang and we can rest quite a few of last night's team but still have a chance to win in Coventry.

I agree we're not as good as I think we are.

It's a good win but it's frustrating that Munsters young guns were out gunning our international pack but good win away.

Kinghorn's kick to Sau the only bit of quality in the backs. Hickey was better than vdW - too much panicking close to the munster line still launching passes slowly anywhere. Does my nut.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum