Glasgow v Edinburgh - 22 Aug 1715KO

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Glasgow v Edinburgh - 22 Aug 1715KO

Postby sammy on Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:47 pm

Thanks TH, seems clear then.

BBC also confirming we will play Ulster. Cockerill also expecting most players will be available :)
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

Postby GunnerRob on Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:42 am

Did anyone else notice Ryan Wilson playing around with Watson's "special place" at the end of the hand bags after the Glasgow first try? Not a clever thing to do after Marler's antics with Alun Wyn Jones in the 6 nations.
GunnerRob
International

Postby GaryIPA on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:02 am

GunnerRob wrote:Did anyone else notice Ryan Wilson playing around with Watson's "special place" at the end of the hand bags after the Glasgow first try? Not a clever thing to do after Marler's antics with Alun Wyn Jones in the 6 nations.

He seems more interested in not playing rugby
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:31 am

GaryIPA wrote:
GunnerRob wrote:Did anyone else notice Ryan Wilson playing around with Watson's "special place" at the end of the hand bags after the Glasgow first try? Not a clever thing to do after Marler's antics with Alun Wyn Jones in the 6 nations.

Looked like Haining doesn't have much tolerance for his antics.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:34 am

GaryIPA wrote:

New post covid era but reassuringly some things have stayed the same.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby TheSmidge on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:35 am

sammy wrote:Thanks TH, seems clear then.

BBC also confirming we will play Ulster. Cockerill also expecting most players will be available :)

If most players are available, then it's pretty important that those who were ruled out this week are given a good run-out on Friday night. We need as many first picks match fit as we can possibly get. Without knowing the status of some of the injuries (apart from BBT), I would be expecting something along the lines of:

1. Schoo
2. Rambo
3. Berghan
4. Carmichael*
5. Gilcho
6. Bradbury*
7. Ritchie*
8. Haining
9. Pyrgos*
10. VDW
11. VDM
12. Taylor
13. Bennett
14. Graham*
15. Kinghorn

16. Willemse
17. Suzz
18. Nel
19. Davidson*/Hodgson
20. BBM/Crosbie
21. Groom
22. Chamberlain
23. Dean

*Injury doubt/injury list

Incidentally, with Davidson, if he failed an HIA, I'm pretty sure that he couldn't complete the RTP protocols in only 6 days. Happy to be corrected if that is wrong.
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:43 am

BigD163 wrote:
GaryIPA wrote:

New post covid era but reassuringly some things have stayed the same.

Harsh

But fair
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:06 am

TheSmidge wrote:
Incidentally, with Davidson, if he failed an HIA, I'm pretty sure that he couldn't complete the RTP protocols in only 6 days. Happy to be corrected if that is wrong.

Being reported as neck/shoulder knock rather than head knock, but i think 6 days is the absolute minimum a failed HIA can be cleared. Given it is 735pm ko in theory he could make it but if that close you would think would play safe with player welfare...
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:24 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:
TheSmidge wrote:

Being reported as neck/shoulder knock rather than head knock, but i think 6 days is the absolute minimum a failed HIA can be cleared. Given it is 735pm ko in theory he could make it but if that close you would think would play safe with player welfare...

Don't lose anything by playing Hodgson who was excellent. I remember reading interviews on Hodgson and he says the right things about being a late developer and working very hard because of it. He's always good for Watsonians so I think he's a natural Frazer McKenzie replacement. Not a real top drawer lock but very effective at Pro14 level and a good club man.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:24 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
The Feral Goat wrote:
TheSmidge wrote:

Don't lose anything by playing Hodgson who was excellent. I remember reading interviews on Hodgson and he says the right things about being a late developer and working very hard because of it. He's always good for Watsonians so I think he's a natural Frazer McKenzie replacement. Not a real top drawer lock but very effective at Pro14 level and a good club man.

I thought Hodgson put himself about well. Has he bulked up since last time we saw him?
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby sammy on Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:49 pm

Re TheSmitch line up:

Would have Toolis starting if fit - is he known to be long term injured?
Shield on the bench instead of Groom. Not that Groom did a lot wrong, but Shield would benefit more from game time and he's great to watch.
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:48 pm

sammy wrote:Re TheSmitch line up:

Would have Toolis starting if fit - is he known to be long term injured?
Shield on the bench instead of Groom. Not that Groom did a lot wrong, but Shield would benefit more from game time and he's great to watch.

Toolis had a minor operation delayed by the pandemic. Clearing out a piece of floating bone I think. Should be back in a few weeks .
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby sammy on Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:36 pm

Ta
Sammy
sammy
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum