Embra v Cardiff Mon 9th of November

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Embra v Cardiff Mon 9th of November

Postby The Nudger on Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:57 pm

Great result tonight. Big performances from a lot of players tonight but we need to find a cutting edge.
Illegitimi non Carborundum
The Nudger
World Cup Star

Postby Ayton1keith on Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:28 am

Didn’t catch must of the game, thanks to Premier Sports outstanding streaming service...............not, but what I did see and on the evidence of the last 3 games, really think it’s time Ally Miller, got a XVs contract
Ayton1keith
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:00 pm

The quality of Premier Sports really is shocking. I like the channel, I want it to work but come on guys FFS.

From the limited action I saw Hodgson and Miller are well on their way to being good squad players.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:18 pm

Agree about Hodgson, he has been very good. Davidson has taken his chances too, we have some relaly good depth there now. Cant say we are missing McKenzie and Gilchrist a huge amount yet.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby TheSmidge on Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:24 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Agree about Hodgson, he has been very good. Davidson has taken his chances too, we have some relaly good depth there now. Cant say we are missing McKenzie and Gilchrist a huge amount yet.

The depth is very helpful given that the injuries/call-ups that have currently deprived us of five second rows (Davidson being one of them of course).

Agree that Fraz has probably now run his (admirably faithful) course as an Edinburgh player. Gilcho is falling down the pecking order with Scotland, so may become more available in the next couple of seasons, though if Davidson and Hodgson continue their current trajectory we can expect them to also have time with the national squad.
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum