Connacht v Edinburgh Sat 13th 1935 KO

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Connacht v Edinburgh Sat 13th 1935 KO

Postby Frenchy on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:41 pm

No. Way.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby gowrie on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:41 pm

ya beauty. how the ffff has Chamberlain been left on the bench all this time?

Sau had a really good game
gowrie
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:43 pm

Poor second half but OUTSTANDING last play.

Chamberlain the matchwinner but Sau excellent as well.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:44 pm

Was having a panic when I thought they were looking at block before Nathan charged over.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:45 pm

Thought we had balls that up with our negativity. Not sure we deserve it but happy to take the win.

Great finish from Chamberlain.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:46 pm

Fantastic for the laddie and I hope his performance overall shows the coaching team what they've left siting on the bench as an unused sub week after week after week.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:47 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:You’re wrong but I’m not going to pursue it

Okay I'll just wait patiently for Shiel to do his job and control a game without making numerous stupid decisions.

I like Shiel, he has potential. But at some point he actually needs to take his chance.

I think you are both sort of right, Dobie might well be a one off, like Richie signed from school and destined not just to play for Scotland but to captain them

But Dobie is not asked to take on full game management for the weegies. Thomson is also a rookie but Glasgow have played a lot through him. Here it looks like Chamberlain only gets the ball by happenstance, pressure is all on 9
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:48 pm

Ross Thompson man of the match last night. Nathan be like "Hold my beer!"
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:49 pm

Kunavula was carrying very hard and skittling players for fun, he needs more of a run.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:51 pm

joe soap wrote:

Okay I'll just wait patiently for Shiel to do his job and control a game without making numerous stupid decisions.

I like Shiel, he has potential. But at some point he actually needs to take his chance.

I think you are both sort of right, Dobie might well be a one off, like Richie signed from school and destined not just to play for Scotland but to captain them

But Dobie is not asked to take on full game management for the weegies. Thomson is also a rookie but Glasgow have played a lot through him. Here it looks like Chamberlain only gets the ball by happenstance, pressure is all on 9

Our game revolves around the box kick so 9 always likely to control, tonight perhaps shows that giving the 10 the control may be more productive would possibly take pressure off sheil and allow him to play his more natural game rather than the slow slow box kick slow....not going to happen though.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:52 pm

joe soap wrote:

True but Dobie grabs every bit of gametime with both hands. Another wasted start for Shiel as he made poor decisions. He has potential but lots of people do. You need to grab your chances.

Exhibit a Nathan Chamberlain. Anyone think he's going to be left on the bench forevermore now? No chance!
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:53 pm

joe soap wrote:

The nine is set up to fail here, as you say the game runs from there and it demands that the pace is slowed to glacial, or at least that is how Edinburgh are playing it.

I don't think any of the three nines have been good this season, but only one offers a future.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:55 pm

Move Charlie along the road and he'll be a star, I'd bet my last quid on it.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:58 pm

Tichtheid wrote:Move Charlie along the road and he'll be a star, I'd bet my last quid on it.

I think he would do better at Glasgow than here absolutely. If Price is off next year and Shiel is still stuck then maybe he will too.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:04 pm

Tichtheid wrote:Move Charlie along the road and he'll be a star, I'd bet my last quid on it.

I know players in both squads who have played with Charlie. This is pretty much what they say.
Weegie
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum