Racing 92 v Edinburgh Sunday 4th of April, 12:30 pm

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Racing 92 v Edinburgh Sunday 4th of April, 12:30 pm

Postby BigD163 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:25 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
Does leave us quite short at centre if Bennett is off. Where is he going does anyone know?


JJ is a back up 13. If there are ambitions of doing anything in the league or the 2nd euro comp we need better starters.

We can't keep pumping money into the forwards and not improve the backline. If MB is also away then the back line is nett worse off than this season.
BigD163
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 887
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:07 am

Re: Racing 92 v Edinburgh Sunday 4th of April, 12:30 pm

Postby BigD163 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:25 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Racing are very good, but jeez we have been really poor 2nd half.


Yep, they are very good but we were very poor other than the flankers.
BigD163
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 887
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:07 am

Re: Racing 92 v Edinburgh Sunday 4th of April, 12:30 pm

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:27 pm

Shiel mate. It's the stuff like that.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Re: Racing 92 v Edinburgh Sunday 4th of April, 12:30 pm

Postby Trophyhunter on Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:49 pm

Forwards overpowered by outstanding pack and backs at a different level . Heroic Hoyland did well , midfield looked like schoolboys by comparison to their magnificent opponents. Important to stay positive and all take on and work on learnings from experience.
Trophyhunter
International
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:12 pm

Re: Racing 92 v Edinburgh Sunday 4th of April, 12:30 pm

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:55 pm

Trophyhunter wrote:Forwards overpowered by outstanding pack and backs at a different level . Heroic Hoyland did well , midfield looked like schoolboys by comparison to their magnificent opponents. Important to stay positive and all take on and work on learnings from experience.


We conceded 56 points and scored 3... Stay positive?!?!
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2483
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Re: Racing 92 v Edinburgh Sunday 4th of April, 12:30 pm

Postby odw26 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:58 pm

Van der Merwe unfortunately probably has worked his way out of a Lions shirt, especially if that was our last big game before the tour. Hoyland, Graham, Richie and Watson probably our best performers.
odw26
Embra Debut
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:22 pm

Re: Racing 92 v Edinburgh Sunday 4th of April, 12:30 pm

Postby crispy on Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:17 pm

Is that a record defeat? I thought the Bradley days might have featured worse, but apparently he only managed to guide Edinburgh to a 49 point loss against the Ospreys.
crispy
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:30 pm

Re: Racing 92 v Edinburgh Sunday 4th of April, 12:30 pm

Postby Tichtheid on Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:25 pm

crispy wrote:Is that a record defeat? I thought the Bradley days might have featured worse, but apparently he only managed to guide Edinburgh to a 49 point loss against the Ospreys.



I remember Sarries giving us a right kicking the year after we beat Toulouse in the quarters
Tichtheid
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 2641
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm
Location: Alba Bheag

Re: Racing 92 v Edinburgh Sunday 4th of April, 12:30 pm

Postby BigD163 on Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:31 pm

A minor annoyance that became more annoying as the game went on is Hastings getting players names wrong on comms. He is woeful anyway but "ball is passed to Van der Merwe.... he made good yardage there". Aye Van der Merwe that bug Fijian guy with 8 on his back.
BigD163
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 887
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 10:07 am

Re: Racing 92 v Edinburgh Sunday 4th of April, 12:30 pm

Postby crispy on Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:47 pm

Tichtheid wrote:
crispy wrote:Is that a record defeat? I thought the Bradley days might have featured worse, but apparently he only managed to guide Edinburgh to a 49 point loss against the Ospreys.



I remember Sarries giving us a right kicking the year after we beat Toulouse in the quarters


That was “just” 0-45. And then 0-33 against Munster the following week.
crispy
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:30 pm

Re: Racing 92 v Edinburgh Sunday 4th of April, 12:30 pm

Postby The Nudger on Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:55 pm

BigD163 wrote:A minor annoyance that became more annoying as the game went on is Hastings getting players names wrong on comms. He is woeful anyway but "ball is passed to Van der Merwe.... he made good yardage there". Aye Van der Merwe that bug Fijian guy with 8 on his back.


A guy I know who played with both the Hastings brothers at 'Sonians once told me that Gav would be the stupidest man on the planet...if it weren't for Scott!
Illegitimi non Carborundum
User avatar
The Nudger
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:39 pm
Location: The Golden Rule

Re: Racing 92 v Edinburgh Sunday 4th of April, 12:30 pm

Postby Trophyhunter on Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:18 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
Trophyhunter wrote:Forwards overpowered by outstanding pack and backs at a different level . Heroic Hoyland did well , midfield looked like schoolboys by comparison to their magnificent opponents. Important to stay positive and all take on and work on learnings from experience.


We conceded 56 points and scored 3... Stay positive?!?!



FFS . what is the alternative to being humble , learn and being positive ? ... losers limp , blame someone, make excuses?
Trophyhunter
International
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:12 pm

Re: Racing 92 v Edinburgh Sunday 4th of April, 12:30 pm

Postby joe soap on Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:20 pm

The Nudger wrote:
BigD163 wrote:A minor annoyance that became more annoying as the game went on is Hastings getting players names wrong on comms. He is woeful anyway but "ball is passed to Van der Merwe.... he made good yardage there". Aye Van der Merwe that bug Fijian guy with 8 on his back.


A guy I know who played with both the Hastings brothers at 'Sonians once told me that Gav would be the stupidest man on the planet...if it weren't for Scott!


I've heard similar. I've also met both. Gavin is a gentleman, Scott is a big headed A hole
joe soap
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1216
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: Racing 92 v Edinburgh Sunday 4th of April, 12:30 pm

Postby The Incredible Shug on Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:21 pm

joe soap wrote:
The Nudger wrote:
BigD163 wrote:A minor annoyance that became more annoying as the game went on is Hastings getting players names wrong on comms. He is woeful anyway but "ball is passed to Van der Merwe.... he made good yardage there". Aye Van der Merwe that bug Fijian guy with 8 on his back.


A guy I know who played with both the Hastings brothers at 'Sonians once told me that Gav would be the stupidest man on the planet...if it weren't for Scott!


I've heard similar. I've also met both. Gavin is a gentleman, Scott is a big headed A hole

...who wasn't beyond the odd racist dig during the 90s, apparently.

(It was to Jeremy Guscott at a ruck. Probably why he doesn't like us.)

Trophyhunter wrote:Forwards overpowered by outstanding pack and backs at a different level . Heroic Hoyland did well , midfield looked like schoolboys by comparison to their magnificent opponents. Important to stay positive and all take on and work on learnings from experience.

Glad you mentioned this. Hoyland always puts in a shift on the paddock. Today was no exception - Duhan looks like he can't wait to be shot of us, but Damo looks very keen to stick around.
Help! We're being held prisoner in a signature factory!
User avatar
The Incredible Shug
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:12 am

Re: Racing 92 v Edinburgh Sunday 4th of April, 12:30 pm

Postby The Nudger on Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:31 pm

Benefit of having proper Edinburgh boys in the team!
Illegitimi non Carborundum
User avatar
The Nudger
World Cup Star
 
Posts: 1401
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:39 pm
Location: The Golden Rule

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests