Premier Sports - Top14

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Premier Sports - Top14

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed May 26, 2021 7:20 pm

Premier Sports have picked up Top14 for rest of this season and next 2.

Has it been announced if they are keeping pro16 or is t14 instead of?

https://www.premiersports.com/sports/top-14-pr
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Re: Premier Sports - Top14

Postby Impega on Thu May 27, 2021 9:19 am

A couple of Welsh journalists are saying that Pro14/16/whatever is remaining on Premier Sports and this will be confirmed in due course.

Lots of people seem to have issues with streaming on the PremierPlayer, and some of the punditry/commentary is very biased (can you guess which specific country is the worst for it?), but I don't mind if it stays on Premier Sports.

A tenner a month for every single Pro14 match is good value and preferable to dishing out two or three times as much for BT Sport or Sky (who I doubt would cover every match). Plus there's no contract so it can be cancelled over the summer.

If you really want to look on the bright side, it offers a great opportunity to get into Finnish speedway, Latvian ice hockey or whatever other unusual stuff they show.
Impega
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu May 27, 2021 10:30 am

I was going to cancel PS if they dropped the Pro(insert current number), but I think I'd keep it now anyway. I used to watch the Top 14 when Virgin gave me Sky Sports for a couple of quid per month.

I haven't had the issues others have with the streaming as I watch it through my tv service, even watching on the laptop through them has been stable - you don't get to watch catch up games, but I can record them anyway.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Thu May 27, 2021 10:58 am

Excellent news.
Just hope we don't get two Irish blokes in Dublin continually banging on about the injustice of Sexton's non selection every time Racing are on.
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Thu May 27, 2021 6:07 pm

There have been several games we’ve muted the sound due to the appalling jamesmatthew spouted the comms team, it also dumps any artificial crowd sound the stadiums put out, only then we+miss the refs mike, but it is only a button push away.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:00 pm

Any discount codes for Premier around? Soon time to renew, or at least stop the autorenew.?
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:13 am

Pitfitter446 wrote:Any discount codes for Premier around? Soon time to renew, or at least stop the autorenew.?

I have two subscriptions (one for my parents), and missed the auto renewal on theirs but caught mine in time.

I argued with them last year and got both for £80 a year. However my parents’ has renewed at £120, which is a shocker of an increase. Cancelled mine but will rejoin before the season starts - was offered £99 annual renewal for that, which is still a hefty increase.

Some people have talked about being on lower renewal rates around the £85 mark - pretty shocking that they have different levels of auto-renewal.

Any insight into fees paid / discount codes / special offers would be useful.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:41 am

Mine auto renewed for £99.

The price differences could be in terms of ability to stream and/or watch on another package.

What I would say on having 2 packages, if you found that you weren't using yours, cancelled it, and one of your parents were visiting they could watch it online while the other watched at home. I know that occurs regularly with my parents, thankfully their subscription allows that to be catered for.

SkyGo works in a similar way, which is really handy.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:42 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Mine auto renewed for £99.

The price differences could be in terms of ability to stream and/or watch on another package.

What I would say on having 2 packages, if you found that you weren't using yours, cancelled it, and one of your parents were visiting they could watch it online while the other watched at home. I know that occurs regularly with my parents, thankfully their subscription allows that to be catered for.

SkyGo works in a similar way, which is really handy.

Thanks - and understood. I think they are keen that they would be able to view on a full screen when visiting us, and I don’t think they can ‘cast’ on that basis?
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:45 pm

Not Premier Sports but I've just bought my season pass with URC TV (the streaming service for those of us outside the UK and SA) and it's costing me $140 or about 100 quid.

The Pro14 had a similar streaming service but the new version is a lot slicker and seems to be getting more marketing push.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:42 am

A wee heads up, son in law signed up again to Premier yesterday ‘Black Friday deals’ £60. Don’t know if this was a one day only offer.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Annie Emm on Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:16 pm

We signed up to the Premier £60 deal too...it's available until 30th November.
Annie Emm
Established pro

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum