Rory Sutherland

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Rory Sutherland

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:28 pm

joe soap wrote:
The Feral Goat wrote:
Edit: on a slightly cynical note timing of announcement a bit stinky re season ticket sales.

yes, Worcester arranged the timing of the announcement to stuff Edin ST purchasers.

The deal may have been subject to stuff we don't know about (like a medical), or it might simply be that Worc timed the announcement to boost their ST sales. The receiving team control official signing announcements, Edin have often staggered them as well to give a comms plan regular stuff.

Disappointing though, very, but maybe not a surprise

On the other hand it probably didn’t hurt their own season ticket sales to announce another B&I Lion joining them.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:57 am

Tichtheid wrote:
joe soap wrote:

yes, Worcester arranged the timing of the announcement to stuff Edin ST purchasers.

The deal may have been subject to stuff we don't know about (like a medical), or it might simply be that Worc timed the announcement to boost their ST sales. The receiving team control official signing announcements, Edin have often staggered them as well to give a comms plan regular stuff.

On the other hand it probably didn’t hurt their own season ticket sales to announce another B&I Lion joining them.

the bit you quote was sarcasm
good idea to read the whole post
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby TheSmidge on Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:17 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Alex Allan brought in on a super 6 partnership deal. We wouldn’t want him to be leaping ahead of Grahamslaw, but we also don’t want to be short when Schooey is with Scotland, even if the new league will supposedly minimise that time.
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Postby JDCSR on Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:14 pm

Anyone know what is happening with Shaun Gunn?
JDCSR
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:12 pm

joe soap wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:
joe soap wrote:

the bit you quote was sarcasm
good idea to read the whole post

I was aware of that, it’s the lowest form of wit right enough.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum