Edin v Falcons

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edin v Falcons

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:01 am

robdinsdale wrote:
Friday Knight Lights wrote:Interesting line up. Shame about the long injury list and the backline remains quite uninspiring.

Bad news for Grahamslaw and Chamberlain they're playing super 6. Especially bad for Chamberlain as Houston who starts at 10 for Heriot's was name checked by Blair as someone who has been training with us.

I think it's fair enough about Grahamslaw, he's 4th in the pecking order and a run of games in the Super 6 is probably what he needs at this stage.

Maybe it's not just Cockerill who doesn't think Chamberlain is ready yet. I thought Houston is a bit limited from what I've seen so I would expect Chamberlain to be showing better than him at Heriots when he gets the opportunity.

Concern is we're loaning depth players from the Brumbies instead of him. Not a good move for us as there's no chance Lloyd is actually very good as Australian rugby is in the pits and he doesn't even start for them. Again, shortsighted from the SRU. And concerning for Grahamslaw he's behind Lloyd.

Houston seems to start over Chamberlain when he's available. Not really sure what's going on. We'll see what the lineup next week.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby The Nudger on Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:15 am

I've watched a couple of Nails games in S6 and TBH I've thought Houston looked a better player than Chamberlain.
Illegitimi non Carborundum
The Nudger
World Cup Star

Postby bignose on Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:16 am

Friday Knight Lights wrote:Houston seems to start over Chamberlain when he's available. Not really sure what's going on. We'll see what the lineup next week.

I've been disappointed with Chamberlain when I've seen him in the Super 6 so far this year.
bignose
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:16 pm

At least with Super 6 being on the telly and being a decent standard we are getting an idea of where some of our younger or fringe players are at. Cockers got a fair amount of stick for his conservatism in not playing Chamberlain, but he maybe wasn't actually ready if he is not performing yet in the Super 6.

From what I've seen, Jason Baggott and Marc Morrison are the pick of the Super 6 fly halfs so it's probably up to Chamberlain to get to performing at that level.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:54 pm

I see Boffelli is on the bench for Argentina v NZ on Sunday.I recall we signed two Argie back three players but I can't see them on the official player lists on the Edinburgh website.
Can anyone remind me who the other one is please? And are they away with the squad for the Rugby Championship?
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby Impega on Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:59 pm

The other is Ramiro Moyano - he's on the bench for Edinburgh tomorrow.
Impega
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:30 pm

Ah,many thanks.Didn't recognise the name.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:17 pm

Nathan Chamberlain just skelped a 47m penalty to win the game for the Nails over Watsonians on the 83rd minute.

He also converted a difficult one out wide on the "wrong side" about 10 minutes earlier

No 8 Daly looked very good for Watsons, is he aligned to us?
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:35 pm

Tichtheid wrote:

Yes, apparently we've had him come in for training as well. Think he is probably one of the standout back rows in the Super 6.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby TheSmidge on Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:41 pm

robdinsdale wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:

Yes, apparently we've had him come in for training as well. Think he is probably one of the standout back rows in the Super 6.

He's been one of the standout players in any position in the S6!

Chamberlain demonstrated some big cajones to slot that penalty.
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:45 pm

TheSmidge wrote:
robdinsdale wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:

nads of steel, for both the last one and the one out wide before that
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:38 am

robdinsdale wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:

There's no alignment if the players aren't in the academy. See us signing Kitchen last year. If Glasgow want Daly they could usurp us to him.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:52 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
robdinsdale wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:

There's no alignment if the players aren't in the academy. See us signing Kitchen last year. If Glasgow want Daly they could usurp us to him.

Obviously things won't be entirely ringfenced with the Super 6 clubs, but there is more to the relationships between us and Heriots etc. than the academy players. We are lending them non-Academy players and bringing in players like Suddon today and having others (like Daly) come in for training.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:00 pm

Tichtheid wrote:
TheSmidge wrote:
robdinsdale wrote:

nads of steel, for both the last one and the one out wide before that

Good for him, that's what we want to see. How did he look otherwise?
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:56 pm

robdinsdale wrote:
Good for him, that's what we want to see. How did he look otherwise?

He was only really on for about fifteen minutes, but the Nails were behind and he did have a hand in turning the game around, not only with the penalties but with his distribution.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum