The Run-In

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: The Run-In

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu May 05, 2022 2:18 pm

The Nudger wrote:Controversial opinion probably but rugby could do with a proper rigorous dope testing regime!

This suggestion followed by the announcement there will be 25% less pro players in Wales soon...surely not linked!

totally agree though, I think there are some highly questionable physiques around. Could be purely hard work, but a good testing regime would help to know that. The only thing is are the tests keeping up with what could be used? No idea.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Fri May 06, 2022 11:22 am

dolf_lundgren wrote:
The Nudger wrote:Controversial opinion probably but rugby could do with a proper rigorous dope testing regime!

This suggestion followed by the announcement there will be 25% less pro players in Wales soon...surely not linked!

totally agree though, I think there are some highly questionable physiques around. Could be purely hard work, but a good testing regime would help to know that. The only thing is are the tests keeping up with what could be used? No idea.

It does make you wonder when you see some of the unfeasibly built young players especially.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Tue May 17, 2022 8:21 am

I see it reported in the press (interview with Mike Blair) that along with the possibility of Darcy,Lang and Muncaster being available also that Sykes is available after his ban. Wasn'tv he given a three match ban without the option to reduce to two by going through the World Rugby "course".At the time it was reported that he's miss the 1872 Cup unless Edinburgh beat Wasps and therefore had three fixtures (rather than three weeks) before the Glasgow match.
Anyone have clarification on this (perhaps he was allowed to do the course?) It would be a boost for us as I feel with everyone fit he's ahead of Hodgson in the pecking order and gives us better scrummaging ballast which was lacking a bit in the Wasps game.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum