Return of fans

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Return of fans

Postby Delight on Tue May 25, 2021 2:57 pm

Any word on when fans will be allowed to return to games? Lots of talk on the news about fans returning to football (despite large numbers of them sticking two fingers up at Covid rules) but I haven't heard anything about rugby. I would have thought at Murrayfield we could all go and still socially distance :D
Delight
One cap wonder

Re: Return of fans

Postby The Feral Goat on Tue May 25, 2021 3:24 pm

16500 due at Murrayfield for Lions match on 26 June

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57170632

Would be good if we got a few in for Ulster match on 05 June but i think unlikely now at short notice otherwise that is us until next season.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Tue May 25, 2021 6:36 pm

Still 10 days away, at least an official statement would help.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Wed May 26, 2021 2:24 pm

No fans back for the Ulster game, concentrating on preparing for the lions game apparently.

i think its a real shame, it was a chance to get some in, even in minifield as a trial, surely could have got a couple of thousand in which woudl have covered ST holders. Although the Castle Club membership may have complicated things.

I know we want to have a full house to kick off, but we cant just wait and wait.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Wed May 26, 2021 5:23 pm

If football can make it work, surely we could have. Ah well.
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed May 26, 2021 6:50 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:i think its a real shame, it was a chance to get some in, even in minifield as a trial, surely could have got a couple of thousand in which woudl have covered ST holders. Although the Castle Club membership may have complicated things.

Yeah would have been good chance to give ST holders an opportunity to try seats in the new stadium before having to select them for next season. More so, if as expected, there are more pricing options and at a higher cost. Perhaps there will be an event or something ahead of the ST sale.

Qand A on stadium on website today

https://www.edinburghrugby.org/virtual- ... s-answered
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum