Minifield Ticket Prices

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Minifield Ticket Prices

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:22 pm

New pricing announced, significant increases as probably expected.

Only 11 matches (9 league, 2 Euro) + any pre-season

https://www.edinburghrugby.org/the-club ... -confirmed

I think still relatively good value especially with our new fast pitch and expansive game plan to enjoy.... :evil:
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Re: Minifield Ticket Prices

Postby Yonthing on Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:12 pm

Edinburgh Rugby Stadium :roll:

The Main Stand (N), The Lothian Stand (S), The Murrayfield Stand (E) and The Riverside Stand (W).
Yonthing
International

Postby Impega on Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:41 pm

Sheer creative genius. Couldn't they have asked fans for suggested names?

Feels a bit like when thousands was spent on marketing 'activity' to replace the 'Pure Dead Brilliant' slogan at Prestwick Airport and the inspired outcome was 'Welcome to Scotland'.
Impega
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:27 pm

Impega wrote:

Feels a bit like when thousands was spent on marketing 'activity' to replace the 'Pure Dead Brilliant' slogan at Prestwick Airport and the inspired outcome was 'Welcome to Scotland'.

They're bound to be looking for a naming rights sponsor, so what's the point of putting a name on it
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby andthefoxsays on Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:08 pm

There will no doubt be sponsorship of the stadium and probably of the stands in time, so can we agree to refer to the Lothian Stand as the Chunk Stand (or simply The Chunk) from the get go?
andthefoxsays
One cap wonder

Postby GunnerRob on Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:59 am

It's a bit of a price hike is it not...

I guess it depends on your point of view/comparison between Murrayfield and mini-field but for us, we had a gold seats in 2019/20 and now a concession will more than double for a new cat 1 seat.

The 2019/20 season tickets were £185/£210 (Silver/Gold) and concessions £50 to £105 (Silver)/ £70 to £120 (Gold). Now the Cat 1 is £295 and £250 for a concession.

Are we saying that a 2019/20 gold seat is now the same product as a new Cat 3 seat - both at £210? We finished 2nd bottom in the pro 14 conference and 2nd bottom in the rainbow cup, and haven't signed any big names (in my opinion) to justify the increase. I'm sure some will be quick to point to the new stadium which will be great when full, but I'm just a little disappointed with these increases.
GunnerRob
International

Postby robdinsdale on Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:21 pm

Impega wrote:

We'll just have to get used to going up the ERS on a Friday night.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:30 pm

GunnerRob wrote:It's a bit of a price hike is it not...

I guess it depends on your point of view/comparison between Murrayfield and mini-field but for us, we had a gold seats in 2019/20 and now a concession will more than double for a new cat 1 seat.

The 2019/20 season tickets were £185/£210 (Silver/Gold) and concessions £50 to £105 (Silver)/ £70 to £120 (Gold). Now the Cat 1 is £295 and £250 for a concession.

Are we saying that a 2019/20 gold seat is now the same product as a new Cat 3 seat - both at £210? We finished 2nd bottom in the pro 14 conference and 2nd bottom in the rainbow cup, and haven't signed any big names (in my opinion) to justify the increase. I'm sure some will be quick to point to the new stadium which will be great when full, but I'm just a little disappointed with these increases.

I was expecting my Silver to go to around £230 so a bit more than i had hoped. I think the Concessions seem to be a smaller discount on top of a chunky increases is that correct?

To mitigate - obviously COVID and no ticket income for a year, plus the impact of losing our Internationals for most of season. We have had little or no increases for a number of years, could argue when we had qualified for champs cup ticket prices should have been higher, or Increasing £10 a year for last 7 years is a bit easier to stomach than all at once (ignoring the on field horrors endured during this time).

Signings - as you note subjective, but we have retained Mata, Watson, Ritchie, Graham (i would class all of them as big re-signings) and are bringing in Lang, Vellacott among others. What sort of big name would you be looking for?

I think your points are valid i am interested in folks take on it, SRU clearly think they will sell STs at these price points, it may back fire if too many think it is too steep.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:43 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Signings - as you note subjective, but we have retained Mata, Watson, Ritchie, Graham (i would class all of them as big re-signings) and are bringing in Lang, Vellacott among others. What sort of big name would you be looking for?

I think your points are valid i am interested in folks take on it, SRU clearly think they will sell STs at these price points, it may back fire if too many think it is too steep.

Prices are a little on the steep side, I was considering getting me and my eldest STs but combined with train fare I will need to pass for now.

I can see the frustration over signings. The only signing that is a clear upgrade on the alternative or players heading out the door is Lang. Arguably in terms of the first choice 23, those going out are better than those coming in with only Lang positively impacting the first choice XV. De Bruin too to be fair as Nel edges closer to retirement.

Immelman will do a job but not sure he is demonstrably better than the player he is likely replacing. Vellacott has been saved from the scrap heap, would McBurney have been signed if he wasn't SQ? Which is fine but doesn't excite. Young will challenge for the 3rd lock position but is coming up from the Quins bench.

Covid has hurt signings, and rugby is a squad game but it is understandable to look at the signings and think maybe 3 clearly get into the 1st choice 23 and one of those (Immelman) is to replace the most destructive attacking weapon in the league. That is assuming Immelman will play wing. He plays 15 for Montpellier.

It is a tough situation all round. Execs balancing books and signings, fans needing to pay for things and so on.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:45 pm

Should add, I don't think the game plan helps. Paying more money than one would like is one thing, but people may stretch a bit further if they are going to be enthused about what they will watch.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby artie fufkin on Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:57 am

First post in a very long while. Moving to the new stadium was always going to change the marketing of tickets because at Murrayfield demand management was never an issue. For me as a concession, its a considerable uplift in price but not unexpected. Do I swallow the hike or pick and choose dependent on team playing and opposition? Whatever my decision the club need to ensure that the fan experience is good at every game and that owning a season ticket represents real value. Only then will we see real growth. I’ve probably made up my mind now
artie fufkin
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:48 am

artie fufkin wrote:First post in a very long while. Moving to the new stadium was always going to change the marketing of tickets because at Murrayfield demand management was never an issue. For me as a concession, its a considerable uplift in price but not unexpected. Do I swallow the hike or pick and choose dependent on team playing and opposition? Whatever my decision the club need to ensure that the fan experience is good at every game and that owning a season ticket represents real value. Only then will we see real growth. I’ve probably made up my mind now

that bolded bit also meant that fans were getting their rugby on the cheap.

from here, demand will set prices. If demand isn't there, prices will freeze (unlikely to fall). If demand increases, prices will rise, again. Performances and results will decide, and while gate money won't be a deciding factor on signings, it does help if its higher rather than lower. While I appreciate its possible to price some out, but generally if we want a successful team fans have to do their bit and help fund it.
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter446 on Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:27 pm

I will renew ours this year, they have been cheap so I suppose the cost averages out, but if performance on the park doesn’t improve then next year might require more thought. Missed only maybe 4 home games in 8or9 years but we can only take so much disappointments. :?
Pitfitter446
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:54 am

Price of ST’s now in line with Scotstoun (couple of quid more) and entirely expected. If the buy-in we saw for the lamentable Myreside experience is replicated, and with the excitement of getting back to see live sport, we should hopefully see the new place packed out for the first few games. Down to the boys to deliver with the product and results to keep it that way. I can’t wait.

As an aside, we have just about half the squad out injured at the moment. Hope it’s a fluke, and not a consequence of training on this nee harder surface?
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:40 pm

Wottie wrote:Price of ST’s now in line with Scotstoun

They're not. How many free friendliess do the weegies get?
joe soap
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum