Edin v Falcons

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edin v Falcons

Postby dolf_lundgren on Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:46 pm

Who are you referring to?

All comments seem reasonable to me, its not ideal but no-one is saying they are going to ignore it as far as I can see.

its a fair point on the weather, it wont be adhered too if cold and wet. Sunny and the chance of a couple of pints pre game will actually appeal to many.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby artie fufkin on Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:31 pm

In case anyone in here wants to “call me out”, attending an outdoor event a 100 minutes before it starts is challenging for me with my medical condition. I don’t feel I need to explain my post any further
artie fufkin
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:33 pm

Edinburgh Rugby team to face Newcastle Falcons at the ERS
Scottish Building Society Pre-Season Series (Saturday 11 September, kick-off 3pm)

15. Henry Immelman
14. Jack Blain
13. Mark Bennett
12. Cammy Hutchison
11. Damien Hoyand
10. Jaco van der Walt
9. Ben Vellacott

1. Boan Venter
2. David Cherry CAPTAIN
3. Luan de Bruin
4. Marshall Sykes
5. Jamie Hodgson
6. Magnus Bradbury
7. Luke Crosbie
8. Nick Haining

Substitutes: Pierre Schoeman, Harry Lloyd, Adam McBurney, Patrick Harrison, Lee-Roy Atalifo, Angus Williams, Pierce Phillips, Daniel Suddon, Ben Muncaster, Connor Boyle, Charlie Shiel, Henry Pyrgos, Charlie Savala, Ramiro Moyano, Jordan Venter, James Johnstone, Patrick Anderson

Unavailable due to injury: Matt Currie, Chris Dean, Ben Evans, Darcy Graham, Jake Henry, James Lang, Viliame Mata, Harri Morris, WP Nel, Harry Paterson, Nathan Sweeney, Ben Toolis, George Taylor, Glen Young
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:34 pm

15 on the injury list already! Hopefully all minor
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:31 pm

Looks a good pack, a bit of unknown in the backs.

Just happy to be going to a game to be honest.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:01 pm

Was about to post we had a very good XV held in reserve ..until I saw the post with the injured list! Astonishing before a shot fired in anger.
Only Kinghorn,Chamberlain,Gilchrist and Owsley spring to mind as being held back (obviously watson resting after Lions).
Can only hope a good few will be fit for Scarlets in a fortnight.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:12 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:15 on the injury list already! Hopefully all minor

I wonder how many are "covid" injured? Edin would otherwise be about the only team not hit currently by cases or close contact enforced isolation
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:16 pm

artie fufkin wrote:In case anyone in here wants to “call me out”, attending an outdoor event a 100 minutes before it starts is challenging for me with my medical condition. I don’t feel I need to explain my post any further

I'm sorry to hear you have such a condition and hope you are well. You're right , no need to explain any further. Of course had you posted as much in your previous contribution you wouldn't have appeared such a self centred individual who didn't care. And would have garnered positive support.
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby artie fufkin on Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:04 pm

It gets kinda weary explaining how cancer has impacted on me tbh
artie fufkin
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:17 pm

I see the game is to be broadcast on the club's youtube channel on Sunday, although a time hasn't been mentioned.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:54 pm

artie fufkin wrote:It gets kinda weary explaining how cancer has impacted on me tbh

can see that, it must do.

Now you've shared it, I regret my earlier post, but would never have made it had I known.
Just know that everyone on here is I'm sure going to say the same as me, as wish you all the very best.
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:39 am

Interesting line up. Shame about the long injury list and the backline remains quite uninspiring.

Bad news for Grahamslaw and Chamberlain they're playing super 6. Especially bad for Chamberlain as Houston who starts at 10 for Heriot's was name checked by Blair as someone who has been training with us.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:17 am

Friday Knight Lights wrote:Interesting line up. Shame about the long injury list and the backline remains quite uninspiring.

Oh I don't know, Vellacott is a breaking scrum half with good pace, Hutchinson was breaking tackles for fun when he played last season, I think Blain is a serious prospect and we haven't seen the best of Mark Bennett, how much of that is down to how we played and how much of it is down to the injuries stripping him of half a yard? I'm not sure.

I think there is a creative player in vd Walt, we just never got a chance to see it beyond a couple of flashes. Hoyland has been really good and I know nothing about Immelman - Blair described him something along the lines of not being the quickest off the mark but picking terrific running lines.

I don't expect us to play Harlem Globetrotter rugby, not yet, but this is going to be different, this is our year, MON EMBRA

cough
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:42 am

Friday Knight Lights wrote:Interesting line up. Shame about the long injury list and the backline remains quite uninspiring.

Bad news for Grahamslaw and Chamberlain they're playing super 6. Especially bad for Chamberlain as Houston who starts at 10 for Heriot's was name checked by Blair as someone who has been training with us.

I think it's fair enough about Grahamslaw, he's 4th in the pecking order and a run of games in the Super 6 is probably what he needs at this stage.

Maybe it's not just Cockerill who doesn't think Chamberlain is ready yet. I thought Houston is a bit limited from what I've seen so I would expect Chamberlain to be showing better than him at Heriots when he gets the opportunity.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:44 am

Tichtheid wrote:

Oh I don't know, Vellacott is a breaking scrum half with good pace, Hutchinson was breaking tackles for fun when he played last season, I think Blain is a serious prospect and we haven't seen the best of Mark Bennett, how much of that is down to how we played and how much of it is down to the injuries stripping him of half a yard? I'm not sure.

I think there is a creative player in vd Walt, we just never got a chance to see it beyond a couple of flashes. Hoyland has been really good and I know nothing about Immelman - Blair described him something along the lines of not being the quickest off the mark but picking terrific running lines.

I don't expect us to play Harlem Globetrotter rugby, not yet, but this is going to be different, this is our year, MON EMBRA

cough

I'm interesting in seeing how Immelman shows up. He looks like he will provide a bit of beef in the backline that we don't otherwise have without Duhan.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum